A Prospective Overview of Animal Husbandry, Milk Production, Consumption and its Marketing in Baghlan Province; Afghanistan


Authors : Moenuddin Naeimi; Mohammad Mahdi Almas

Volume/Issue : Volume 6 - 2021, Issue 7 - July

Google Scholar : http://bitly.ws/9nMw

Scribd : https://bit.ly/3eU8jdV

The objectives of the study were to investigate problems against animal husbandry development, milk production, consumption and its marketing in Baghlan Province of Afghanistan. Therefore, totally eighty questionnaires were distributed randomly among 80 animal handlers. Interview with responsible of dairy cooperatives, dairy unions, administrative of dairy processing companies, directorate of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, animal handlers and private sectors were done and founded out that there are a wide range of problems and constraints against animal husbandry development. Genetic resources problems, managerial constraints, human resources problems, lack of governmental and non-governmental services, natural and uncontrollable disasters in addition of un-facilitated institutions and low quality education are the main constrains against animal husbandry development in Baghlan province. Inexistence of reasonable market for produced milk, lack of hygienic milk and dairy products are other factors affect negatively on cattle husbandry. Dairy products used by consumers are produced 61% by indigenous and local cows and remaining 39% percent obtained from crossbreed cows. Averagely, dairy cows produce 230-days milk/lactation and 7kgs of milk per day. Existence of animal diseases, indigenous breed with low level of milk production, low price of milk in markets, lack of forage and balanced diet, high price of feed and concentrate in addition of unavailability of milk markets are the main constraints and reasons of animal husbandry development and lower milk production in Baghlan Province. Among diseases brucellosis and mastitis are the most prominent diseases in Baghlan province. Therefore, it is recommended to increase milk production in dairy cows throughout increasing genetic potentials of dairy cows by implementing programmed artificial insemination and using artificial reproductive technologies. Additionally, production of balanced diets according to the requirements of dairy cattle would alleviate hygiene of animals and subsequently improve immune systems of dairy cattle and reduces incidence of disease in the area.

Keywords : Baghlan Province, Consumption, Dairy Products, Milk, Milk Marketing.

CALL FOR PAPERS


Paper Submission Last Date
30 - November - 2021

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe