Adsorption of Oxalic Acid on Adsorbents Prepared from Pineapple Waste


Authors : Kshitija Ravindra Bhosekar; Aditi Patwardhan

Volume/Issue : Volume 5 - 2020, Issue 9 - September

Google Scholar : http://bitly.ws/9nMw

Pineapple (Ananas comosus L.) is a tropical fruit belonging to the Bromeliaceae family. Pineapple contains a 60% edible half while the remaining 40% non-edible half consists of peel and leaves. Generally, after harvesting, the non-edible part is removed contributing to major wastes. Agro-industrial waste has the potential to act as a supply for the assembly of helpful products if treated properly. An eco-friendly approach to tackle this waste is to recycle into useful biodegradable products. Over the past few years, bioadsorption has been the foremost counseled technology for the removal of industrial pollutants. Adsorption using natural adsorbents is economically sustainable and comes under green chemistry. As compared to other physiological treatment techniques, adsorbents are easy to operate, generate less sludge, nonhazardous, and efficient. The employment of Pineapple wastes as biosorbent is an effective alternative from the both economical and environmental point of view. The adsorption of oxalic acid on powdered pineapple peel and leaves was investigated and also the share sorption capability was calculated volumetrically. The current study includes an evaluation of the effects of different concentrations while keeping other operational parameters such as contact time, adsorbent dose, and pH constant. The most capability was found once the magnitude relation of adsorbent to the substance adsorbable is larger. The same ideology of adsorption can be extrapolated for the effective removal of dyes and metals from wastewater.

Keywords : Pineapple Waste, Oxalic Acid, Low-Cost Adsorbents, Adsorption, Wastewater Treatment, Sustainable Technologies

CALL FOR PAPERS


Paper Submission Last Date
30 - September - 2021

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe