Association between Sleep Quality and BMI among Adolescent Girls


Authors : N. Karthikeyan, F.Mohammed arifullah, Dr. Sujatha Baskaran

Volume/Issue : Volume 4 - 2019, Issue 6 - June

Google Scholar : https://goo.gl/DF9R4u

Scribd : https://bit.ly/2Mxyji7

The aim of the study is to find the association between sleep quality and BMI among adolescent girls. The Methodology: The study is designed as a cross sectional study, the study is set in the saveetha college of physiotherapy, the sample size are 50 students taken from the saveetha college of physiotherapy between the age 18 to 20 years respectively. The materials required are sleep quality questionnaire, weighing machine and a height measuring tape. The Inclusive criteria includes subjects between the age of 18 to 20 years and College students were only taken. The Exclusive criteria includes Subjects who are drug, alcohol addicts, medication and psychological disorder. The Results determined in our study is 33 students that is 66% of students having normal BMI determined with good quality of sleep whereas the remaining 17 students that is 34% students having high BMI determined with poor quality of sleep. Conclusion: The study shows due to increase in BMI the sleep quality increases from the normal level in the adolescent subjects.

Keywords : BMI, Sleep Quality, Adolescent Girls.

CALL FOR PAPERS


Paper Submission Last Date
30 - November - 2021

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe