Prevalence of Normal Brain CT Scan in Head Injury Patients


Authors : Dr. Hashmatullah Rahimi, Dr. Homayun Tawhid

Volume/Issue : Volume 5 - 2020, Issue 3 - March

Google Scholar : https://goo.gl/DF9R4u

Scribd : https://bit.ly/39iTUTc

 Introduction: Compound Tomography is one of the most sophisticated modalities used to contribute for assessment of various body deficits. Compound Tomography scan imaging shows, shape and structure of body tissues can be assessed and with the information about the potential diseases and lesions (Shaker, Said Husain; Qanbari, Hamed Reza et al. : 2012). Head trauma is one the leading causes of morbidities and in this regard Head CT scan is the modality of choice (Waganekar, Archana; Sadasivan, Jagadish et al. : 2018). Sometimes in presence of clinical evidence of Head injury with its cause, the brain CT scan has been reported normal or unmarkabal (Pirzad.: 2018).  Objective: Finding out the rate and percentage of normal CT scan in patients with signs and symptoms of head injury.  Method and Materials: Method has been designed as cross-sectional and descriptive.  Results: In this research, from the beginning of September 2018 until the end of March 2019, out of 594 head injury patients who were brought to Neurosurgery ward of Ali Abad University Hospital, 69 percent were ordered CT scan, of which 52 percent of the results came out to be normal and the remaining 48 percent were reported abnormal.  Conclusion: Approximately in more than half of head injury patients head CT scans were reported unremarkable and normal.

Keywords : Hematoma, Contusion, Head Trauma, Brain CT-scan.

CALL FOR PAPERS


Paper Submission Last Date
30 - September - 2022

Paper Review Notification
In 1-2 Days

Paper Publishing
In 2-3 Days

Video Explanation for Published paper

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe