Atypical Case of Presumed Ocular Tuberculosis Presenting as Unilateral Occlusive Vasculitis


Authors : Dr. Elakhdari Meriem; Dr. Akannour Younes; Dr. Bardi Chaimaa; Dr. Mrad Khalil; Dr. Hassina Salma; Dr. Kamal Elmajdoubi; Serghini Louai; El Hassan Abdellah; Berraho Amina

Volume/Issue : Volume 8 - 2023, Issue 3 - March

Google Scholar : https://bit.ly/3TmGbDi

Scribd : https://bit.ly/3zkFZLB

DOI : https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7789192

Abstract : Tuberculosis affects the lungs in 80% of patients, while in the remaining 20% the disease may affect other organs, including the eye. Ocular tuberculosis can affect all ocular tissues, the diagnostic remains difficult (1). We present a case of a 22-year-old man, who presented with unilateral neuroretinitis with occlusive vasculitis, diagnosed as presumed ocular tuberculosis. The purpose of our case is to show an atypical clinical presentation of tuberculosis.

Keywords : Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, Presumed Ocular Tuberculosis, Posterior Uveitis.

Tuberculosis affects the lungs in 80% of patients, while in the remaining 20% the disease may affect other organs, including the eye. Ocular tuberculosis can affect all ocular tissues, the diagnostic remains difficult (1). We present a case of a 22-year-old man, who presented with unilateral neuroretinitis with occlusive vasculitis, diagnosed as presumed ocular tuberculosis. The purpose of our case is to show an atypical clinical presentation of tuberculosis.

Keywords : Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, Presumed Ocular Tuberculosis, Posterior Uveitis.

Never miss an update from Papermashup

Get notified about the latest tutorials and downloads.

Subscribe by Email

Get alerts directly into your inbox after each post and stay updated.
Subscribe
OR

Subscribe by RSS

Add our RSS to your feedreader to get regular updates from us.
Subscribe